Nutraceuticals are non-prescription medicines derived from food that have demonstrated physiological benefit and provide protection against chronic disease. They can be used to help address a number of specific health conditions as well as improve general health. At Stone’s PharmaSave, we offer nutraceutical consultation services.
Our pharmacists can develop an individualized non-prescription medicine program to improve your overall health and help for specific conditions like:
- GI issues/Irregularity
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Thyroid Imbalance
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Stress Management
- AutoImmune Disorders
- High Cholesterol
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Weight Management
- Bone Health
The Nutraceutical Consultation Service Includes:
- Review of your overall health and information, including your medical and medication history
- Discussion of your health care concerns
- A formal medication review, if applicable
- Overall health risk assessment(s)
- Working with you to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to your specific needs including, but not limited to your current health issues, maintenance wellness and preventative care
- Recommendations on health care products, medications and lifestyle modifications to achieve your goals, such as nutraceuticals, specially compounded preparations, vitamins, organic/non-GMO foods, non-prescription and prescription medications
- Communicating and working with your physician and other health care providers when applicable
- follow-up on overall improvements
Three Step Process
While each nutraceutical program is tailored to you. There is a recommended three step process:
STEP ONE: Initial Consultation
The first step in the process is a comprehensive review with the pharmacist to discuss your health. Depending on your condition, testing may be required. This information will then be used by the pharmacist to develop a nutraceutical program that is tailored to your specific needs.
STEP TWO: Testing. Analysis. Recommendation and On-Going Consultation
After the initial consultation, a starting point will be determined that will include your input for desired outcomes. As well, recommendation letters, if needed, for your physician or nurse practitioner will be provided. This action plan will be outlined to you and you will be involved in the final decision of what therapy will take place, the follow up plan to be used and what parameters will be measured for success of therapy, as well as realistic time frame for treatment.
STEP THREE: Restoring Balance & On-Going Consultation
Step three can be thought of as a re-building process as we restore your body's balance. During this time, you would take nutraceuticals that have been identified by the pharmacist as best suited for your individual needs. Prescription medications may be recommended as well. Supplements and vitamins would also be an important part of restoring your body's balance as well as healthy foods.
To learn more about our Nutraceutical Consultation Services, talk to our pharmacists.